Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Announcements
BI & Data Trends 2021. Discover the top 10 trends emerging in today. Join us on Dec. 8th REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Store qvd in sense not read by qlikview?

Hi expert, i try to create a qvd in sense and then read in qlikview but i cant do it, could be?

i create ok but when i try to read in qlikview in not appear the correct inforrmation

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

That's correct. The qvd file format that Qlik Sense creates differs from the format the QlikView generates. I think it's a bit unfortunate that Qlik did not decide to give the new format a different extension as well like they did with the Qlik Sense .qvf documents. But perhaps they decided that forcing developers to modify existing script code was a worse option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

That's correct. The qvd file format that Qlik Sense creates differs from the format the QlikView generates. I think it's a bit unfortunate that Qlik did not decide to give the new format a different extension as well like they did with the Qlik Sense .qvf documents. But perhaps they decided that forcing developers to modify existing script code was a worse option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Employee
Employee

Gysbert,

When QlikView 12 is released later this year QlikView and Qlik Sense will run on the same engine code (the QIX Engine) so QlikView and Qlik Sense will both be able to use the new QVD format.

-Josh

Qlik

Highlighted
Master II
Master II

Awesome

Best Regards,
KC
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Thank you Gysbert!