Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Store qvd in sense not read by qlikview?

Hi expert, i try to create a qvd in sense and then read in qlikview but i cant do it, could be?

i create ok but when i try to read in qlikview in not appear the correct inforrmation

thank you a lot

Fernando

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's correct. The qvd file format that Qlik Sense creates differs from the format the QlikView generates. I think it's a bit unfortunate that Qlik did not decide to give the new format a different extension as well like they did with the Qlik Sense .qvf documents. But perhaps they decided that forcing developers to modify existing script code was a worse option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That's correct. The qvd file format that Qlik Sense creates differs from the format the QlikView generates. I think it's a bit unfortunate that Qlik did not decide to give the new format a different extension as well like they did with the Qlik Sense .qvf documents. But perhaps they decided that forcing developers to modify existing script code was a worse option.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Gysbert,

When QlikView 12 is released later this year QlikView and Qlik Sense will run on the same engine code (the QIX Engine) so QlikView and Qlik Sense will both be able to use the new QVD format.

-Josh

Qlik

jyothish8807
Master II
Master II

Awesome

Best Regards,
KC
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master
Author