cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Store selections

Hi everyone,

I am wondering if it is possible to store selections in a qlik sense mashup?

For example I would like to apply various filters on different fields and then store the 'remaining' selected items somewhere.

Then I would apply a different combination of filters and add the items selected in this setup to the previously stored items.
In that way I would be able to either inspect properties of the whole selected set or compare the sets created by different selections.

Is there a way this can be done? I am trying explicitly to avoid the creation of additional fields in the load editor as I need the possible filter combinations to be generic.

I am glad for any ideas on this issue.

Thanks,

Marco

8 Replies
sarvesh
Creator III
Creator III

Use this it may help you.

=GetFieldSelections(FieldName)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Sarvesh,

thank you for your input on this.

Unfortunately this only provides me with the selected values if I apply a selection to the field in the functions argument.
Maybe my original post is a bit confusing, I try to make it more clear with an example.

If I have a field "ID" and some other fields like "region", "sales", "rating" and "industry" I would like to store the IDs remaining after filtering for "region" = USA, "industry" = transport and "rating"=A. Then I would like to add the IDs remaining when filtering for "region" = GB, "industry" = finance and "rating"=C.

In the end I would like to be able to inspect a set of A rated transport in the US and C rated finance in the UK.

Is there a way to achive this? As I am building a Mashup anyway the solution could be either in the qlik app or in js.

Thanks again.

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Have you looked at bookmarks?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Martin,

thanks for your response, but bookmarks don't help me with my problem.
First I am not sure if they can be used in a Mashup and second they only allow me to reapply selections but not to join two sets I obtained by making different selections. Maybe what I am trying to achive is best described by an 'or' connection between selections where Qlik natively only allows 'and' connedctions.

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

could you post a sample app to understand what are you looking for ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sure, I am not sure if that will help, but thank you for looking into this.
I attached an app with some sample data similar to what I mentioned above. In this data set every position (row) has an unique ID.

I want to see (for example) the revenues by price (in the pie chart) for FR and GER with Rating A and B and RUS with Rating C (not A and B).

What Qlik natively can do is show me the revenues for FR, GER and RUS with Rating A, B, and C. But I want only Ratings C for RUS.

So ideally I would select FR and GER from the bottom bar chart and rating A and B from the top one. Store the IDs in scope somewhere, clear the selections, select RUS and C, store the IDs again, merge the two sets of stored IDs and select the joined set of IDs to see what I want.

I hope that helps to clearify my problem a little.

Thanks,

Marco

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

you can do what you need by using SET ANALYSIS in chart object.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

But how?
I can do this with set analysis for a specific application, yes.

In the productive Mashup I will have around 100 fields, that could be combined in any way. This leaves me with a vast amount of possible combinations that I can not cover explicitly. Additionally this functionality should be usable over a Mashup where the user has no access to the editor but only to qlik objects and functions defined by me.

So what I am looking for is a function that gives me the sliced database or a field from that sliced database but one where no selection is applied to. I can get selected values via js but I can't figure out how to get values from another field.