docpuddu
Creator
Creator

Straight table with calculated dimensions/measures

Hi, I have QlikView app with a Straight table like this:

dimension:
DETAIL_TEXT

measure:
aggr(count({<DETAIL_TYPE_ID={'2'}>} EVENT_ID), DETAIL_TEXT)

The effect it to select only the lines where DETAIL_TYPE_ID={'2'} and count the occorrencies

I'm trying to replicate the same in Qlik Sense but I can't...

Any ideas?
thank you
/A

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Doc,

In your object settings, go to Add-ons and then turn off 'Include zero values'. You also have this function in QlikView.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

What issues are you running into when you try to replicate the same thing in Qlik Sense?

docpuddu
Creator
Creator
Author

First of all in QlikView we have "expression" tab in Qlik Sense 'measure' the concept is a little different, but this is just a

The main difference is that in QlikView I can list only the lines detail type '2' and aside I can display the count

Moving without changes in Qlik Sense I have all the DETAIL_TEXT lines and - in the count column (measure)

If I cut the "aggr(" part of the expression, obviously I have I have all the DETAIL_TEXT lines and the count, this is a minor step towards the solution. I still have lines with all kind of DETAIL TYPE , not only '2'.

thx for your attention,

/A

docpuddu
Creator
Creator
Author

tab.pngtab2.png

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Doc,

In your object settings, go to Add-ons and then turn off 'Include zero values'. You also have this function in QlikView.

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
docpuddu
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Jo Climber,

thank you for your answer, you're right in QlikView we can find Suppress Zero-Values!

I couldn't find something equivalent converting my App fron QlikView to Qlik Sense because I inserted the first field as Column->dimension and the following (e.g. #azioni, tempo CPU) as Column->measure. In this last case there's no 'null value' checkbutton so I couldn't check it.
Inserting field 2 (e.g. #azion) or field3 ( (e.g. tempo CPU) or both as Column->dimension I can now (un)check "include null value" and therefore force the showing of DETAIL_TYPE_ID='2' rows that are the only ones my expressions aggr(...) return a not null value.

Do you agree?

docpuddu
Creator
Creator
Author

To sum up, if I want to use the option 'null value' I have to insert a column as a dimension.

Doc