Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III

Subscribe to sheet - calculated date not updating in pdf

Hi there,

I have subscribed to a sheet to send me a snapshot of a sheet in pdf to my email address once a week.

The sheet title has a expression embedded to bring through the latest date of the data. In this case it should be 16/05/2023 but in the title on the pdf it remains at the date when the subscription was set up. In the attached example, 02/05/2023. so the date embedded in the sheet title via an expression is not pulling through. Quite an issue when I want to have the date on the pdf to present to other staff.

Is this able to be looked into?

Many thanks

Julie

Labels (3)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try something like 

Create a variable 

LET vLatestDate = Max(DateField);

'Latest Date: ' & vLatestDate

View solution in original post

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, I have a similar issue. Did you get a resolution?

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I am trying to see if i can talk to someone live and see what the solution is! will keep you posted.

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, i got mine resolved. i had to change the variable date to date(today) something like this pdf started working. 

I was able to get someone to come through zoom and look at it though, they were going backwards and forwards with email. 

i raised the request under Qlik sense for cloud services under subscriptions. Mark the severity as urgent otherwise they will take a while to response. If you want, send me a screenshot of the app and pdf, and maybe the expression for the date, i might be able to help. Good luck!

Thanks

Jo

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Try something like 

Create a variable 

LET vLatestDate = Max(DateField);

'Latest Date: ' & vLatestDate

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My issue is the fact that the pdf created doesn't update the date from the title, which is already in set up as a variable. The app and variable works fine; its the creation of the pdf that doesn't work.

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, I have a similar issue. Did you get a resolution?

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Jogo,

Unfortunately I've not been given a solution. I think it's a bug in the PDF creation but I'm not sure how I raise this as a Qlik development request. Any ideas?

thanks

Julie

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I am trying to see if i can talk to someone live and see what the solution is! will keep you posted.

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That's great thank you Jogo 🙂

Jogo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi, i got mine resolved. i had to change the variable date to date(today) something like this pdf started working. 

I was able to get someone to come through zoom and look at it though, they were going backwards and forwards with email. 

i raised the request under Qlik sense for cloud services under subscriptions. Mark the severity as urgent otherwise they will take a while to response. If you want, send me a screenshot of the app and pdf, and maybe the expression for the date, i might be able to help. Good luck!

Thanks

Jo

HawthorneJ_SCFT
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Jo, unfortunately the date isn't always todays date, is as at the latest data available so it needs to be more flexible.

I will do the same and raise the request with Qlik. 

Thanks for the recommendation.

Julie