cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mike4324
Contributor
Contributor

Sum Product / Aggr Function Help

I'm trying to sumproduct a function with an embedded sum aggr function but I cannot get the desired result. The function is as follows, with everything before the * being part A, and everything after being part B; how do I get the desired result of =sumproduct(A,B)? I have tried putting together a nested aggregation but the function is still producing unintended results.

(sum(Aggr(Sum({ <[Comp_Industry.Market],[Comp_Industry.Segment]>}[Comp_Industry.Relevant Sales])/
Sum({ <[Comp_Industry.Market],[Comp_Industry.Segment]>} [Comp_Industry.Total Segment])
,[Comp_Industry.Segment])))

(Sum([Sales.Segment Sales])/Sum({<Sales.Brand=,Sales.Nameplate,[Sales.Market]=>} [Relevant Industry]))

Thanks in advance for any help or guidance!

Labels (2)
3 Replies
sunny_talwar

It is difficult to know what you have and what is needed by just looking at the expression, but may be try this

Sum(Aggr(

(Sum({<[Comp_Industry.Market], [Comp_Industry.Segment]>}[Comp_Industry.Relevant Sales])/
Sum({<[Comp_Industry.Market], [Comp_Industry.Segment]>} [Comp_Industry.Total Segment]))
(Sum([Sales.Segment Sales])/Sum({<Sales.Brand, Sales.Nameplate,[Sales.Market]>} [Relevant Industry]))

, [Comp_Industry.Segment]))
mike4324
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for the response Sunny! Unfortunately that expression provides the same results as the first piece of the equation. Does the function need to be formulated as "sum(aggr(sum(aggr"?

How can I provide more clarity in explaining my issue?

Thanks again for the help!

sunny_talwar

May be provide a sample?