Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator

Sum a field to a variable (x axis is time)

Hello,

I have a Data file (attached to this post) which informs when (3rd and 4th field in the data file) users (1st field) have opened a software (2nd field) and thus are using a network license of that software. +1 stands for licence being in use and -1 stands for licence no longer in use (5th field). This means that between a +1 and a -1, there is a period of time when the user was using the licence of that software.

I want to create a graphic with Qlik Sense which represents the number of licences being used at each moment in time. This graphic should look something like this:

Qlik Sense 33.png

In regard to the data in the attached file, each line represents a moment in time when the software was either launched or closed (and thus the user starts using a licence or freeing a licence for network use).

Because this data is only telling me when the value is changed, and not the value at each moment given in time, I thought about creating a variable, starting at 0, which will either go up or down, when a user opens or closes the software.

How can I do so? Thank you very much for your help.

25 Replies
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

@ritaaguiar  Attaching the QVF as well. Do a reload and check the chart once. I guess that's what you need.

Let me know.

Regards

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator
Author

@pradosh_thakur  I realoaded the data and this is what I obtained. Now it represents all entrances on the Data3 file. However, the graphic lost the continuous time scale and the values on the y axis are not being added nor subtracted at each given Data3 entrance.Qlik Sense 55.png

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

@ritaaguiarI have changed the continous x-axis as i was thinking you need it for each instance. If you need continous x-axis do the following.presnetion tab.JPG

Learning never stops.
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator
Author

Hey @pradosh_thakur. Almost there!

The graphic seems to be adopting the values for each entrance from Data3 at each given time. I was hoping I could get to the point where the values are added or subtracted, and not just having a kind of histrogram of each entrace of the Data3 file.

Qlik Sense 56.png

pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

@ritaaguiar what do you mean by added or subtracted ? If you mean cumulative sum

try

Rangesum(above(Sum(Licença),0,rowno()))

Thanks

Pradosh

Learning never stops.
ritaaguiar
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, that's it @pradosh_thakur ! I did not know the appropriate term cumulative sum.

Now I only need is to make this cumulative sum be continuos scale too, like the red lines here represented, instead of having the lines jumping from a value to the other as in blue.Qlik Sense 58.png