cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sum using 2 values

Hi All,

I'm relatively new to Qliksense and trying to create some reports for POC for my company.

Can someone help? I'm trying to populate a KPI slot with a function that sums up total sales based on the Region and period (Year & Month).

Can someone help as I cant get this to work.

Also if there  is  any sort of "General points to know for beginners" links that someone could point me to that'd also be a great help.

Sum({<Accounts.Region={AA}>,Period={201801}>}[MTD net sales])
Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Remove the extra > from your expression and see if that works

Sum({<Accounts.Region = {AA}>, Period = {201801}>} [MTD net sales])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

Remove the extra > from your expression and see if that works

Sum({<Accounts.Region = {AA}>, Period = {201801}>} [MTD net sales])
thannila
Creator
Creator

Sum({<Accounts.Region={AA}>,Period={201801}>}[MTD net sales])

May be this,

Sum({<[Accounts.Region]={'AA'},Period={201801}>}[MTD net sales]) 

jensmunnichs
Creator III
Creator III

Since others are already helping you with your first question, I'll attempt to answer your second question. What kind of information are you looking for? Are you looking for information on how Qlik Sense can be used within your organisation, or are you simply looking to get better at creating applications?

For the former I think others can give you a better answer than I can, but for the latter:

- Browse these forums regularly and have a look through the questions and answers posted by others, even if the answers might not directly be something beneficial to what you're currently working on. After a while, you might even be able to answer some questions which can really help in training you to become better at app development. Note that a lot of Qlikview posts will also apply to Qlik Sense, especially when it comes to scripting, so don't limit yourself to the Qlik Sense pages.

- Read through some community blogs to learn about Qlik Sense's (/Qlikview's) possibilities and features. I personally find hic's and jmc's blogs particularly useful (If the links don't work, just type their names in the search bar, press enter, and filter by type of post = blogs.

- You can find a lot of resources by simply Googling for them. One of the first results when searching for 'Qlik blogs' is this list of 40 Qlik related blogs. My personal favourites would probably be Qlik Fix, Quick Intelligence and Qlikview Cookbook. Again don't limit yourself to Qlik Sense material as a lot of Qlikview articles will apply to Qlik Sense as well.

These 3 options are pretty much how I learned what I know about Qlik. I'm by no means an expert and I still consider myself fairly new to Qlik, but I think that is mostly because I haven't been using the software for that long. Hope this helps! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you all for your help.

I've bookmarked those 3 sites and Stalwar1's solution fixed my issue.

Thanks guys!!!