Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaitanyahublik
Contributor II
Contributor II

Suppress lines in pivot table

Hi All, 

I have one fact table with around 10 dim & 2 measures. I have build a pivot table as below 

LineCodeLineDescAmount
11ABC121
12ABC122
13ABC322
14LMN127
15LMN230
16LMN322
17LMN534
18PQR334
19PQR133

Now I also have filter for currency selection ( lets say I have 5 ccy). Now my requirement is that when there is nothing selected in CCY filter, line 15 should be suppressed (not visible) and as soon as I select the any CCY it should re-appear.

I wrote formula like - if(LineCode= '15' and len(GetFieldSelections(Currency))= 0,null(),LineCode)

It is working but there is another issue, as soon as I select any ccy and then any line code, CCY selection is getting overridden. It now has all the values of CCY instead of the one which I selected before. Any idea what's wrong?

@jagan , @vinieme12 

Labels (4)
4 Replies
sunny_talwar

@chaitanyahublik Sorry, what exactly is the issue? I don't think I understand the issue? Is there a sample you can share where we can see the issue?

chaitanyahublik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

So basically from chart above , I want to hide line  with code 15 when there is no filter selected for CCY. If user selects any currency from filter, this linecode 15 should re-appear.  Its the requirement!

Now I was able to do it with formula - if(LineCode= '15' and len(GetFieldSelections(Currency))= 0,null(),LineCode)

It is working but another issue pops up  as below -

1. On opening the report, as there is no CCY filter selected, line 15 is hidden.

2.Now I select ccy as GBP from filter, and I can see line 15 visible now. So I filter on line 15 (or any other code).

3. No I am seeing that CCY filter has all the possible values of that line selected instead of just GBP we selected earlier. Makes sense? I want to know what is causing this behavior

chaitanyahublik
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@sunny_talwar Any idea on above?

sunny_talwar

@chaitanyahublik would you be able to provide a sample to see the issue?