cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greend21
Creator III
Creator III

TOTAL does not work within AGGR?

Has anyone else had issues where total does not work within the Aggr function or have any ideas for a work around?

For example, Sum(Aggr(Avg(Total Amount) does not actually show the total amount.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you looking for this?

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you post full expression?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry, I got sidetracked. I'm using Aggr because the data can have multiple records per ID.

Sum(Aggr(Avg(Total Amount), ID))

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Thank you !!

Can we have an example where it fails for you, I am not seeing anything wrong in that?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This expression will not give the the total

It will calculate the average amount for all IDs and then sum that (ie multiply by) the number of IDs. Try the expression without the TOTAL keyword.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I know what the aggr function is doing. I need it because of the data structure. The issue is I need to calculate % of totals. So ideally I'd have the formula without TOTAL to get the amount per dimension and then the Formula with TOTAL unless I'm misunderstanding how total works.

This is how it looks:

IDID2Amount
A1100
A2100
A3100
B430
C510
D650
D750

From what I understand, Aggr would give me this:

IDAmount
A100
B30
C10
D50

I need to calculate % of total to get this:

ID1ID1Amount%
A10053%
B3016%
C105%
D5026%
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Are you looking for this?

Capture.PNG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Try this?

Num((Avg(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL Aggr(Avg(Amount), ID))),'#,##0%')

greend21
Creator III
Creator III
Author

So far so good. I didn't even think to move TOTAL to the outside sum function and was hung up trying other things for hours yesterday. Thank you!