Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Text Conditional Formatting

I want to display a measure in a text & imagine object and for that value to turn green or red based on the result of the expression.  To mimic a traffic light display as there doesn't seem to be a chart type for this yet.

EG if(sum(Quantity)<1000,Red(),Green())

I've seen you can apply conditional formatting to colors in other chart objects.  Is it possible to apply to the Text?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy,

I have verified that this is not something currently available in Sense and is on the road map for discussion. (The ability to place alerting type images, conditions, text etc based on return values from expressions.) As Jose described through the use of Extensions this is definitely possible, but does require some initial effort. However, if you sign up at Branch, (in closed Beta at the moment) - you will be able to take advantage of a growing list of extension objects.

HTH

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable

I can't see the option to do this for a text & image object. Probably this may arrive on future releases of Sense.

For now, a workaround can be to create an extension object that does this.

To do this, go to this url http://localhost:4848/workbencheditor while Qlik Sense Desktop is open. There you can start an extension based on a template. To test the extension, save the changes and refresh Qlik Sense Desktop. Your extension object should appear on the list of objects.

ogster1974
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II
Author

I wonder if anyone has already written one that is shareable?

I've heard about the extensions feature in Sense but haven't looked into the detail yet will do some reading up over the weekend.

Not applicable

There is a site where the community of Qlik developers is sharing their extension projects. Take a look here:

http://branch.qlik.com/

As for the text & image extension that has conditional formatting, it looks like it's not there yet. Still there are some extensions that you could study in order to build it.

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Andy,

I have verified that this is not something currently available in Sense and is on the road map for discussion. (The ability to place alerting type images, conditions, text etc based on return values from expressions.) As Jose described through the use of Extensions this is definitely possible, but does require some initial effort. However, if you sign up at Branch, (in closed Beta at the moment) - you will be able to take advantage of a growing list of extension objects.

HTH

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
walterlh
Creator II
Creator II

Esto también me ha sido útil!