Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator

Qlik Sense Desktop download link

Good day everyone!

I know that, when a Qlik Sense Desktop version is no longer supported, it proposes to download the latest version and then it provides a link which does not require any signing in, it's very easy: click, download & install the update

However, if a Qlik Sense Desktop version is functional (like 13.95.5, Sept 2020 Patch 2) it does not suggest this and there doesn't seem to be any 'check for latest downloads' button.

When searching for this, one of two links is usually provided: this one & this one. Both require logging in but I do not have any account connected to a license, my company owns that. Can someone please provide the link that QSD usually provides?

Labels (1)
4 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
MarcoWedel

@Sweta_Sharma  , is there a Qlik Sense Desktop download section on the Qlik GitHub page as well like you mentioned here regarding QlikView?:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/QV-Personal-edition-downloading/td-p/1914569#:~:text=...

View solution in original post

TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator
Author

I've downgraded my desktop version just to spark the 'Upgrade Qlik Sense Desktop' notification because I remember tere was a qlik.com resource and it appears to be a quite simple link:

TimmyCNHi_0-1649250160893.png

I also noticed that it's now forwarding to the GitHub releases. So to sum things up:

http://qlik.com/QlikSenseDesktopUpgrade is the official link and it currently leads to Releases · qlik-download/qlik-sense-desktop · GitHub for desktop downloads.

Have an amazing day everyone! 😄

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @gorbacn89,

Have a look at the Qlik knowledgebase article Configuring Qlik Sense Desktop Authentication Link.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

15 Replies
TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator
Author

Okay.. That's not a download link yet, though. I think.

• Your first link states that I should follow the Support drop down to Product News and select Downloads but this isn't present:
    TimmyCNHi_0-1649071809090.png

It also links to some issues tracker, not very useful.

• The second link showed a link to the Qlik Download Site but unfortunately:
    TimmyCNHi_1-1649072111470.png
  • The third link shatters my hope quickly by starting off with "Free access to Qlik Sense Desktop ends today, July 14, 2020" (on the side: terrible timing to end something). I get we don't have free access, therefore the authentication process via QS Enterprise is in place.
    TimmyCNHi_2-1649072264960.png
    But downloads should still be available, no?

Perhaps you meant to say there is a download link to be found somewhere in those rabbit holes but this Alice can't seem to find it.

Sweta_Sharma
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi @TimmyCNHi ,

You've to login to Qlik Community in order get 'Download' option as mentioned in the shared links.
Qlik Community login or new user creation doesn't require license, please refer below article-

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Get-Started/Logging-into-the-Qlik-Community/ta-p/1600556

Cheers!

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution
TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator
Author

Under 'Product News', right? I was logged in. Still not seeing it:

TimmyCNHi_0-1649227251139.png

MarcoWedel

@Sweta_Sharma  , is there a Qlik Sense Desktop download section on the Qlik GitHub page as well like you mentioned here regarding QlikView?:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/QV-Personal-edition-downloading/td-p/1914569#:~:text=...

TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes! Found it thanks to your tip: Releases · qlik-download/qlik-sense-desktop · GitHub

TimmyCNHi
Creator
Creator
Author

I've downgraded my desktop version just to spark the 'Upgrade Qlik Sense Desktop' notification because I remember tere was a qlik.com resource and it appears to be a quite simple link:

TimmyCNHi_0-1649250160893.png

I also noticed that it's now forwarding to the GitHub releases. So to sum things up:

http://qlik.com/QlikSenseDesktopUpgrade is the official link and it currently leads to Releases · qlik-download/qlik-sense-desktop · GitHub for desktop downloads.

Have an amazing day everyone! 😄

gorbacn89
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am a brand new Qlik Sense user and may have joined late to the party, but after reading and researching these forums, I found the only possible way to download the desktop version is through the Github repo.   After doing so, it prompts me to authenticate via Enterprise.  Can anyone assist me with this as I am unsure where to find the authentication link?

gorbacn89_0-1664873026784.png

gorbacn89_1-1664873070016.png

gorbacn89
Contributor
Contributor

I downloaded August 2022 Initial Release,  v14.78.5