Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The most efficient way to let our users open documents from a native Qlik table

Good afternoon,

I am looking at the best and efficient way to let our end users to open documents directly from a Qlik native table.

I have one thought and in hindsight should be working but having issues using the URL path that is provided in the QMC under the Content Library where my documents are stored

• Currently have a few documents stored in the content library and was hoping to input that URL path directly onto my separate excel spreadsheet that I will be managing. The spreadsheet contains columns such as Document Name, Upload Date, Modified By, etc. 
  • Under my "Document Name" column (in my spreadsheet), I input the direct URL path provided in the QMC, which looks something like this, /content/Default/Document_Name_03_09.pdf
  • Problem - When I import my spreadsheet into my app, I use that "Document Name" dimension and treat it as a URL hoping that it will open up the document
  • I'm able to achieve this if I were to store the document on my local machine but having issues when trying to call the document directly from the QMC. We expect to receive batches of files in the future days and want to utilize the QMC - content library to store and house these documents so it would be ideal to use this as the document location

Is my URL path incorrect? Am I missing a syntax there? Is this even a possibility? Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi,

A creative idea the sharing through the content library. Would have never thought about that.
Seems complicated to maintain though and can't really help with your questions regarding this one.

How I shared documents was by using OneDrive (or other sharing service) and the Metadata Webconnectors.
I put the files in a folder, share this one and load in the links through the metadata connector.

You can add the complete link to the table and I change the field representation to link in the front-end table.

Easy to maintain and easy for the users.
You have to use a file sharing service for this one though, so not sure if it is possible for you.
Good luck!

124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hey Fred, thanks for your comment. Gives me hope that I can still find a solution. I wasn't able to find much relating to my specific issue and using the QMC. Do you by any chance have any reference documents that helped you get started? 

Much appreciated.

Fred
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

The information about the webconnectors on Qlik help is really useful.

Qlik Help - Web Storage Connectors 

Qlik Help - OneDrive Metadata 

124rooski
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks Fred. This will get me started. Still looking to do the method I was thinking as I think its a possibility so if I find a solution I'll be sure to revisit here with more content.