Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Theme

Current @ we are using Qlik Sense 3.2SR2 , and under the App Theme , the themes I can see is "Sense Classic"  and "Sense Focus" . I want to add a new Theme under App Theme drop down .I want to add Highvis Theme  in the dropdown together with the Sense Classic and Sense Focus

I have already tried by appending the theme in URL , but I want to know if I can add in the dropdown itself .

In the default-theme.JSON file I see the following
{ "_description": "List of themes available in the sense client, specified as a value and label.", "default": [ { "value": "sense", "label": "Themes.Qlik.Classic" }, { "value": "card", "label": "Themes.Qlik.Standard" } ] }

and in the client.js file I see the following code

t.getAvailableThemes=function(){return d.resolve([{value:"sense",label:c.get("Themes.Qlik.Classic")},{value:"card",label:c.get("Themes.Qlik.Standard")}])}

What I  should exactly change to add the new Theme to the drop down . Appreciate if you could give the steps to add a new theme to the dropdown

Thanks in Advance

5 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I am not aware of a way to add themes to that list.  You can create a new theme but I think that you then have to add code to the URL so that it then uses that theme. 

At least that is how I have had to do it. 

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mark , Thanks for your reply .

Any one please help me on how to add a new Theme/ custom Theme to the App Theme dropdown together with "Sense Classic" and "Sense Focus" Themes.?

Your help is much appreaciated

Thanks in Advance

devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

1. Change Theme.css in

C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old\sense

2. Add "theme / MyTheme" at the end of URL.

3. Create mashup using dev-hub.

Have you check this?

Themes in Qlik Sense 3 and the use in extensions

More Qlik Sense Themes (updated with 3.2)

Thanks,deva

Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu ,

Thanks a lot for reply

Currently in our side the Qlik Sense Themes under App Theme are shown as below

My requirement is to add a new Theme to the drop down as shown below : (I tweaked this by modifying the HTML in the Chrome developer tools

• The link which you have given below.

Themes in Qlik Sense 3 and the use in extensions , has given a work-around for the above issue

Reply from the Link:

you can, but with what I consider a temporary workaround

currently the themes loaded in the dialog are hardcoded (so you can't simply add new themes modifying the default-themes.json).

In order to show more themes in the dialog, you have to modify the client.js (default position for the Server environment: C:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\assets\client\) to include your theme (once added to the default-themes.json).

Specifically, you have to modify this piece:

t.getAvailableThemes=function(){

return d.resolve(

[

{value:"sense",label:c.get("Themes.Qlik.Classic")},

{value:"card",label:c.get("Themes.Qlik.Standard")}

]

)

}

We are using Qlik Sense Server and the themes are located under

D:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes\old and

the default-themes.json is located under D:\Program Files\Qlik\Sense\Client\themes

and the content of the default-themes.json is as below. It only has the Classics and Standard Theme . But my  drop down is showing Classic and Focus . So I am not sure which file  the Themes are coming from  for my case . is it from default-themes.json ? or some other file ?

{

"_description": "List of themes available in the sense client, specified as a value and label.",

"default": [

{

"value": "sense",

"label": "Themes.Qlik.Classic"

},

{

"value": "card",

"label": "Themes.Qlik.Standard"

}

]

}

Could you help to guide me where to add the new Theme so that it can be added under the App Theme?

Thanks you in Advance .

Not applicable
Author

Hi Devarasu ,

The screenshot are missing in my previous post

Current :

Requirement tweaked HTML  using Chrome developer tools

Thanks