Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thumbnail doesn't show

I tried to add a thumbnail-picture to an app in QMC.

I imported it to Content library, edited the app and added the picture.

In “My work”, the thumbnail changed to the picture  but when I publish the app in a stream the picture disappears (“broken picture”). I have “Read, Update” as “Permitted actions” in the “Content library associations”.

Are there more permissions to change to show the picture?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does not behave the same way for me, I do have the file in  \ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default\

I imported it again and clicked “Overwrite”, in the folder the date of the file was updated (bud it still did not show).

When I published it as a new app (instead of “Replace existing app”), the Picture showed. It seems like the picture didn´t update properly when the published app was replacing an already existing one.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Giuseppe_Novello

Urban,

When you added the picture in the content library, make sure that "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default" has a copy of the image, or else it won't show.

Gio

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Urban,

We need some clarification:

• Did you use the default content library or a newly created one?

I just did the same process using the Default content library and published to the Everyone stream and my thumbnail does show.

Under normal circumstances, you should not need to manually copy any image files to the drive location, all images are served up from the repository.

There is a known issue with images that are stored in other repositories which I believe is fixed in our next service back release.

Please try again using the Default content library and let us know.

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did use the default Content library, there is no other in the list. I can see the .png file in the Content library Contents.

I will copy the file later (no access to server right now).

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Well, technically, you should not need to manually copy the file to that location, however Gio is correct, that is where the file is being stored, and the index is being input into the repository database.

What happens when you click the URL for the image, do you see it? For example I have an image apples.png - which is in the content library and the default security rule is set to for all users to READ it.

I have Anonymous set so you can see it here: If I go to the content url and click it, I see https://ec2-54-211-85-2.compute-1.amazonaws.com/content/Default/apples.png

It could be that the repository index is being updated, but the actual image file is not being copied to the file system:

C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default - this would indicate a possible file permission problem with the user running the appropriate services.

Let us know

Thanks

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Giuseppe_Novello

Urban,

Yeap I test this, inthe Contest library( where you choose to select the image with the hub) it will show the image regardless if it there or not, it seems that feed from PostgreSQL; however, when the server look for the supporting image in the actual location, if it is not there it seems that you going to have the broken thumbnail

Here when the image is not there:Capture.PNG.png

Capture2.PNG.png

Here when the image is there:

Capture1.PNG.png

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does not behave the same way for me, I do have the file in  \ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\Content\Default\

I imported it again and clicked “Overwrite”, in the folder the date of the file was updated (bud it still did not show).

When I published it as a new app (instead of “Replace existing app”), the Picture showed. It seems like the picture didn´t update properly when the published app was replacing an already existing one.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Maybe this is far fetched, but would the size of your picture be very big?

I'm asking this for the reason that having used an HTML extension with Qlik Sense's big brother solution (QlikView), I had problems with pictures having a high definition and weight in bytes. I reduced the size of the large pictures down to 600x400, and then all went well.

Food for thought...

Regards,

Philippe

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No it's smaller than many of the default files, 57 KB