Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WM
Contributor
Contributor

Time Dimension from present to past (left to right) + Cumulative Sum

Hi everyone,

hope you're doing great. I have a small problem and I hope that you can maybe lend me a helping hand.

I have a Table about Changes with [Date Created] and [Date Finished] and I am interested in the total amount of open Changes. Because of that I add a +1 for every Created and then a -1 for every Finished One and then I make a cumulative sum via a SET Expression :  "RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum(Open), 0, RowNo(TOTAL)))"

So far so good. When I plot it in a bar chart by Week-Year however, the time dimension (x-axis) goes from past->present (left->right), so with a lot of data I would always need so scroll a lot to the right in order to  see the most recent Week-Year with the amount of total open orders. I tried to sort it backwards and it worked with the SET Expression : "MakeWeekDate(SubField(WeekYear, '-', 2), SubField(WeekYear, '-', 1))"  but the amount of open orders was then wrong (even negative for some weeks). Do I need to change the first SET Expression where I summed the open Changes?

I would really apreciate any solution, even a completely new one. To sum it up my aim is to have the most recent Week-Year on the left and then the past ones towards the right and as a measure the total amount of open Changes. The easiest way would be if I am able to mirror the time-axis while not changing the measures-axis, however I am not sure if that is possible.

All the Tables and a sample App are included, thank you in advance! (The current chart is the bottom right one)

0 Replies