Qlik Community

Ask a Question

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
Support Cases coming to Qlik Community Oct. 4! Start chats, open cases, explore resources: READ DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltc
Partner
Partner

Time Duration Formatting

Hello Qlikers!

I need help...

On my spreadsheet that I import into my Qlik Sense App, I have a column labeled "Duration" which tracks the duration of phone calls.

When the spreadsheet gets imported to Qlik, it is read as a timestamp rather than a duration.  How do I fix this?  Also, in the column on the spreadsheet I have a few data entries "email", which I don't need to track in Qlik at this time, but I don't want to remove the entries from the spreadsheet.  I just want Qlik to ignore that data.  Thank you!

Spreadsheet.PNGData Manager.PNG

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

to show only time values, you can do this:

if(DURATION<>'Email', DURATION)

to convert your time field into minutes, yo can use the Minute() function.

Minute(DURATION)

mgomezlor
Contributor III
Contributor III

May be like this

IF(match(DURATION, 'Email')=0, Interval(DURATION, 'hh:mm:ss') )

ltc
Partner
Partner
Author

Thank you!  Would you recommend doing this in the Data Load Editor as below or somewhere else?Capture.PNG

ltc
Partner
Partner
Author

Thank you!  Would you recommend doing this in the Data Load Editor as below or somewhere else?

I tried it in the Data Load Editor but it didn't change anything in my charts and said I have a synthetic key.  Also the Data Manager section now says "Data Profiling Could Not Be Completed".  Makes me think I might be changing the expression in the wrong place.  Capture.PNG

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

In the load editor

Load

Col1,

If (isnum (Duration),Duration,0) as Duration,

Col3

FROM

Your excel file;