Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

Not applicable

Timestamp Problem

Hi,

I have some problem with the timestamp function that I am using. I have two excel sheets for the month of Jan 2016 and Dec 2015. The date column (in my case, "Incident created Date and Time") is a timestamp in both the sheets. I need to retrieve month and year from it. The timestamp formula that I have used works fine with Jan 2016 data but not with Dec 2015 data. I am attaching the qvf and the excel sheets. Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Re: Timestamp Problem

Your Dec data seems to use a different white space character between hh:mm and tt than in Jan data:

timestamp#( Replace("Incident created Date and Time",chr(160),' '), 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt') as  "Incident created Date and Time",

So either use replace() function, correct your source data, or use left() to only read in the date part.

5 Replies
vijitbhargav
New Contributor III

Hello Aishwarya,

No sure whether you've found what you were looking for, but following expression can be tried:

=Date(Timestamp(Timestamp#([Incident created Date and Time],'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt'),'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt'),'MMM-YYYY')

Regards,

Vijit

Not applicable

Hi Vijit,

Thanks for the reply. I tried this but even this formula works only for Jan 2016 data and not for Dec 2015 data.

Hi,

Try this script.

LOAD [Incidents #],

([Incident created Date and Time]),

[Incident Resolved Date and Time],

[Incident Closed Date],

Date(Date#(left([Incident created Date and Time],10),'MM/DD/YYYY')) as Date,

Month(Date(Date#(left([Incident created Date and Time],10),'MM/DD/YYYY'))) as Month

FROM

[RCA Report Dummy.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Dec-15]);

LOAD [Incidents #],

[Incident created Date and Time],

[Incident Resolved Date and Time],

[Incident Closed Date],

Date(Date#(left([Incident created Date and Time],10),'MM/DD/YYYY')) as Date,

Month(Date(Date#(left([Incident created Date and Time],10),'MM/DD/YYYY'))) as Month

FROM

[RCA Report Dummy.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is [Jan-16]);

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Highlighted
MVP
MVP

Your Dec data seems to use a different white space character between hh:mm and tt than in Jan data:

timestamp#( Replace("Incident created Date and Time",chr(160),' '), 'MM/DD/YYYY hh:mm tt') as  "Incident created Date and Time",

So either use replace() function, correct your source data, or use left() to only read in the date part.

Not applicable

Thanks for the reply Kaushik. It worked fine with the replace function. Thank you Swuehl.