cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JASalinas
Creator
Creator

Totals fuctions in Line Chart

Hi my friends, In a Qlik Table graph there is an option in the measure called Totals Function and you select Sum, what is the equivalent or what function to use in a Line Chart?

JASalinas_0-1627573659800.png

I need to know what function I should use, thank you!...

Labels (3)
4 Replies
JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

What do you want to achieve in your line chart? Where do you want to see this total value? At the beginning/end of the line?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
JASalinas
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi my friend thank you for you answer:

1. I have the following:

JASalinas_0-1627921430368.png

In the table graph the total is the following which is correct:

JASalinas_1-1627921772953.png

But in the Totals Function of the table I select Sum and it gives me the following total which is the one that I should obtain in the line graph:

JASalinas_4-1627922241436.png

JASalinas_3-1627922029886.png

This is my expression:

if(RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<[ACCNT_CODE]={"12*", "13*", "14", "32*", "33*", "34", "A*", "E*", "R*"}, [YearPeriod] = {">=1844 <=$(=YearPeriod)"}>}[AMOUNT]*-1), 0, RowNo())) > 0,
RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({<[ACCNT_CODE]={"12*", "13*", "14", "32*", "33*", "34", "A*", "E*", "R*"}, [YearPeriod] = {">=1844 <=$(=YearPeriod)"}>}[AMOUNT]*-1), 0, RowNo())),0)

End of the line.. 

I hope I have explained, thank you very much again!...

JordyWegman
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. But you have to know that the total in your first calculation is done based on your formula.

The second one, where you select Sum, is just a summation of all the values in your table. So this is not the same!

Therefore I find it a bit strange that you need the 20 million as an end point in your line graph.

Do you maybe have some test data so I can do a test?

Jordy

Climber

Work smarter, not harder
JASalinas
Creator
Creator
Author

The data is directly in a sql server database, maybe we can see it in something more personal, because the changes change because it is not an excel table but the data from the database.