Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShantanuKathale
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Trellis Container QlikSense - Filter and Update Issue

Hi,

I tried using Trellis extension and its a great way to to comparative analysis. However, I have encountered below problems. Let me know if you can address them

1. I have a Trellis chart creates on State dimension (and Sales). Unique State values 20
2. I have a filter on country.
3. When Trellis chart is created, It creates 20 chart structures, each for one state.
4. When Country filter applied. The data gets filtered for country and only relevant states shows chart with data, BUT the issue I am facing is the Trellis chart still shows 20 chart structures.

Am I missing something or can this be addressed by any other calculation. My requirement is The trellis chart should dynamically re-structure itself to only relevant values for selected filter.

Labels (1)
1 Reply
blipblopdk
Creator
Creator

I think that I am facing the same problem. I have made a visualization that shows a stacked bar chart. I want this to be shown for each center (state in your case) in a trellis container. This works fine. But I also want the trellis container to respond to a filter pane where I choose education (country in your case), so that when I select an education that has four centers, the trellis chart only shows those four centers. But right now it still shows all 11 centers.

If I understand the documentation of trellis container, filters are not supported. It is a bit cryptically written by Qlik when they write, that "Filter pane" as a visualization is not supported in trellis container (as I do not consider a filter pane as a visualization and also I do not use the filter pane IN the trellis container but next to the container):

blipblopdk_0-1601474085547.png

BR Kim