Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kerkying
Partner Ambassador Alumni

Trigger Qlik Sense reloads on external event

Hi all,

I know this topic has been answered to a certain extent by this great post (https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Reload-process-trigger-on-external-eve...

But the polling mechanism does not really fulfil my requirement due to performance concerns and the creation of control tables etc in the source datawarehouse layer. 

What I am looking for is potentially using the Qlik Engine API, DoReload method to trigger a Qlik Sense app reload on demand. Has anybody tried such an integration pattern before?

Example:

ETL tool (Informatica, ODI etc.) finishes ETL job. Upon job completion, ETL tool calls the Qlik Engine API to trigger the reload. 

Other possibilities such as EDX and shell scripts (which I think works for QlikView but not Qlik Sense) are welcome 

Labels (3)
4 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Its certainly possible to connect to the Engine API using a web socket connection to open the app, reload it and save it. How's your javascript? I had some code but its on my other machine and not accessible to me right now. You could probably do it in powershell too. I know the API documentation is not very user friendly...

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

If you want to go through QRS rather than directly to the Engine, then here are a couple of approaches: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Integration/Qlikview-and-QLiksense-shared-sceduling/m-p/153...

kerkying
Author

Hi LeviTurner,

If I were to use QRS, can I try it from QlikSense Desktop for testing or must I have a server edition? I read that to use the QRS API we have to get the server certification for auth

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Unfortunately it would need to be the server product, as the Desktop one does not have a concept of a repository or its APIs.