Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DKM
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble Loading Data from Database and Local Excel File

Hi Everyone, I'm new to Qlik and I have a problem that seems like it should be an easy fix. I'm using the free Desktop version and have a connection to a Microsoft SQL Server that stores a database of information on one of our clients. I'd like to use the map functionality, but our client uses "Markets" that correspond to states (for the most part) but are labeled randomly.

To get around this issue, I created a very small table in Excel that corresponds the appropriate Market to the appropriate location, then my plan was to associate the two separate tables together by Market in Qlik.

I can load the database when it is by itself via a long SQL query, but when I add excel file, I get an error:

Capture.PNG

bunch of SQL then,

Capture2.PNG

I believe it's because Qlik is adding the "Set dataManagerTables...." line after the SQL query, but I'm not sure exactly how to fix this.

Please let me know how to do this correctly or if there is a better way to organize the location data, thanks!

Labels (4)
1 Reply
DKM
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Figured it out.........I needed a semi-colon after the last statement of the SQL Query.