cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
williamyuen96
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble associating date table

I am having trouble in connecting this two table together. It is very clearly suppose to be in relationship but QlikSense could not detect it somehow and when I forced the relationship the icon turns into red color. Should I be worried about this ? 

Capture.PNG

6 Replies
Antoine
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

I don't really know the meaning of the colors in that visualization ... Could you send us the loading script instead so we can have a better look?

C2.PNG

(here in French, but the icons are the same)

Regards,

Antoine

williamyuen96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi there, i did not use "load editor" to load my data files. Rather, I use data manager

Antoine
Contributor III
Contributor III

Fair enough, will let someone with the knowledge on the "Data Manager" reply then.

Have a good day!

mostwanted123
Creator
Creator

Hi,

The error is due to the date column name in both the tables are different.

williamyuen96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that it is not possible to have 2 column with the same name even though it is from different table ?

Antoine
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is possible to have 2 columns with the name (even more than 2). The columns that shares the same name will be linked (meaning that if you share a column "Date" in two tables A and B, selecting a date in table A, will impact table B).

It's exactly what we're wanting to do in BI, and in data base in general (the shared columns are the "keys" to connect your different tables, and you need them to share the same name, otherwise the software wouldn't recognize them as keys...) 

Here's a small exemple: 

CustomerCustomer Name
ARobert
BPablo
CJean

CustomerVisit Date
A03/06/2019
A02/06/2019
B05/06/2019
B03/06/2019

In here, by sharing the "Customer" column between your 2 tables, they are linked automaticly.

Also, I've seen that your "Date" table, is having only one column, so I'm not sure that you really need it... 

Regards,

Antoine