Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Troubleshooting 'Field not Found - <My Field

Hi QV Community!

I'm new to QV and exploring my way around. I've learned several tricks so far and I'm hoping someone can help me with a minor issue.

Twice now, after I've created a new field in one of a few tables I've loaded and attempted to re-format or include in downstream calculations, I get the Script Error: 'Field Not Found - <My Field>.

The examples are

• The first new field that I created was a result of a mapped item and formatted as a date (Renewed On 2). When I attempted to convert this to fiscal quarter with this code, the script failed:
    • Key_Table:

• Mapping LOAD [Old Entitlement Key] as [Entitlement Key],

•      [Sales Order Date]

• FROM ....excel file

All_Data:

• LOAD [Bill To],

•      [End User],

[Old Entitlement Key],

•      [Item: Name],

•      [Entitlement Key],

•      ApplyMap('Key_Table',[Entitlement Key],'') as [Renewed On 2],

Year([Renewed On 2])&'-'&'Q'& Ceil(Month([Renewed On 2])/3) as [Renewed On Quarter 3]

FROM ....excel file

• The second attempt was incorporating the newly calculated field (Actual duration) into script in order to create various categories in years as a new field:
    • ([End Date]-[Start Date])/365 as [Actual Duration],
    • IF([Actual Duration]<1.5,"1 Year",IF([Actual Duration]<2.5,"2 Years",IF([Actual Duration]<3.5,"3 Years",IF([Actual Duration]<4.5,"4 Years",IF([Actual Duration]<5.5,"5 Years",IF([Actual Duration]>5.5,"> 6 Years")))))) as term

And here are my failed attempts for resolution are:

• Changing data format to date or number respectively
  • Forcing date change using Makedate function
  • Joining tables

Any recommendations or insights would be appreciated!!

Thanks QV community!

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Luis!!!

Learning new things everyday! Thanks for all your help!