Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

If you’re new to Qlik Sense, start with this Discussion Board and get up-to-speed quickly.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MEBG93
Creator
Creator

Trying to concatenate

hello people,

So I've been trying to concatenate two tables, but after loading, I get two separate tables.

E.g. I try to concatenate TableNameHistoric inside TableName, but instead two tables are created: TableName and Sheet 1 (the same results as TableNameHistoric).  Where results in TableName are nulls, and Sheet 1 are correct.

Also, I've tried in a separate app and it works, but when I traspose it to my current app this thing happens.

Any clues?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MEBG93
Creator
Creator
Author

Alright, so I found the solution.

I was concatenating an uqualified table under a qualified table. So basically, Qlik still unifies both tables, but the fields are changed:

Fields in the qualified table (TableName) are named 'TableName.*', and in the unqualified table (TableNameHistoric) are named after its csv sheet name, e.g. 'sheet1.*'.

Also, the results in TableName were somehow nulls, but TableNameHistoric correctly shows the results.

In both tables, all fields were sorted and named exactly the same.

 

I just unqualified both tables and the concatenation worked perfectly.

hope it helps,

 

MEBG

 

View solution in original post

4 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

What exactly you are doing in the second app where it worked. In the first app do you have any extra table other than this two tables. Would you like to share the snipped of your code and the expected result.

Apache
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Mebg,

Can u explain the tables which you want to concatenate and conform whether any other table is there....

Regards,
Apache
MEBG93
Creator
Creator
Author

Alright, so I found the solution.

I was concatenating an uqualified table under a qualified table. So basically, Qlik still unifies both tables, but the fields are changed:

Fields in the qualified table (TableName) are named 'TableName.*', and in the unqualified table (TableNameHistoric) are named after its csv sheet name, e.g. 'sheet1.*'.

Also, the results in TableName were somehow nulls, but TableNameHistoric correctly shows the results.

In both tables, all fields were sorted and named exactly the same.

 

I just unqualified both tables and the concatenation worked perfectly.

hope it helps,

 

MEBG

 

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

Can you post a sample app