Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
salleninsd
Creator
Creator

Trying to use {1} in set analysis

Hello,

I am working in QlikSense trying to "lock" the year and month so when I filter on other dimensions, the year and month stay the same, but the other filters work.  I'm sure I'm not using the correct set analysis expression, but I just can't seem to find the solution.

Thanks in advance for any help!

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

So, basically you want to ignore selection in year and month field... but allow for all other fields? Are DimDateSOC.CalendarYear and DimDateSOC.MonthOfYear are the two fields you are going to be making selections in or are there other year and month fields where you might make a selection?

salleninsd
Creator
Creator
Author

Good question, I hadn't thought that this could be an issue.  I am using a range picker that uses a full date start and finish range [DimDateSOC.FullDate], and in charts I use [DimDateSOC.CalendarYearMonth] as an axis.

sunny_talwar

So, may be you need to ignore selection in DimDateSOC.FullDate field in order to make sure that your expression doesn't change... I don't have your expression as text... if you can paste it here... I might be able to suggest few options

salleninsd
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny!  It works when I use a year and month number as filters, but that defeats the use of the date range picker (I got it from Qlik Branch).  I'm going to see how far I can get with this new knowledge in trying to use the full date.  We'll see

I appreciate your help!!!