Qlik Community

New to Qlik Sense

Discussion board where members can get started with Qlik Sense.

jhomminga
New Contributor

Re: Turn off Intellisense Syntax Help in Qlik Sense

Press escape one too many times and the fx window disappears and you lose all your work. Sometimes I have 10-15 variants of a formula where I am looking for just the right touch. Resorted to copy/paste to text editor often and consistently. 

Would be nice if you could....
A) toggle intellisense in the fx window
B) get prompt if about to leave window dirty
C) move around/resize the fx window

Employee
Employee

Hi Jim - et al - I just opened a new case in our internal ideation system. I would love to see some improvements in this area - it gets particularity annoying when I am trying to review my expression only to have the formula suggestion or intellisense overlapp my text.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Highlighted
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

I can't believe how long this thread has been running with no real improvements (except more intellisense being added).

My biggest bugbear now is that I find myself hitting Escape after every keyword, which I can cope with, but... this means that every-time I have to go back and edit QlikView load script I exit the load script editor after every line changed.

Just adding a bit of delay before the intellisense kicks in would help.

Fixing capitalisation of keywords that are not case sensitive is also irritating. I'm forever using Ctrl-Z to change Load back to LOAD before continuing. I like my ETL keywords in caps and I don't see why a machine should try to stop that.

If anyone knows of a hack to sort these things please share.