Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Turn off Intellisense Syntax Help in Qlik Sense

Hi,

I need someone to help me keep my sanity!

I work all day, every day in Qlik Sense as my company is a Qlik Sense partner. Generally we love the product, however the intellisense syntax help popup is phenomenally annoying. I can appreciate if you are new to Qlik Sense that this may be useful when writing a new function. However, the majority of functions I use, I use constantly, so have no need for syntax help. If I need a new funtion then the Community or the excellent 1.1 Script and Function guide are what I use.

I spend most of my day with the annoying yellow popup covering my lines of code:

Annoyed.jpg

Is there any way to turn this off? We have some people in our group who are capable of editing the Qlik Sense source code if we can be directed to the right location.

My sanity is a precious commodity......

Mike

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Unfortunately this cannot be turned off.  The text rendering component behind the scenes for the Data Load Editor is on the Roadmap to be enhanced which will provide a better user experience in the future

thanks

Ian

View solution in original post

39 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hi Mike,

I too experience this from time to time - I will find out for you or have one of our colleagues reply to you.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Ian_Crosland
Employee
Employee

Hi

Unfortunately this cannot be turned off.  The text rendering component behind the scenes for the Data Load Editor is on the Roadmap to be enhanced which will provide a better user experience in the future

thanks

Ian

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your attention guys. Looking forward to a resolution when possible

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

On the other hand, having the Intellisense in the Expression editor (including the field names, of course) - just like the one in QlikView, would have been extremely helpful! Please don't conclude from Mike's input that IntelliSense is useless altogether!

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

Not applicable
Author

Yes, its specifically the Syntax Help popup box that is the cause of my pain. The server intellisense, field names etc, is actually very good!

Not applicable
Author

As a suggestion for the syntax help box, what if it was more like Excel syntax help where it pops up on the upper bar or in the case of Qlik  Sense, the lower bar. There is a lot of real estate that could be used instead of the immediate area where you are typing.

Also, I started working with 2.1 today.

I think the new expression editor colour scheme is going to prove very hard to work with. This might be a case of fixing something that wasnt broken. It is a difficult colour scheme to focus on, and shows how good the previous colour scheme was despite the yellow syntax popup...... which is of course still there....

I never knew I was such a complainer!

ehilsinger
Contributor III
Contributor III

I agree 100% with hiding the help popup.  I think there should be an option to hide or show it.

Having used the QLik Sense data load editor for the last few weeks my frustration has just grown more and more.  I have used the load editor in QlikView for years and the editor in Qlik Sense is lagging far behind.

Is there some place we can post suggestions for updates to the editor?  I have looked around and could not find a place.  I would like to post to a single place so they can be tracked.

I have gotten to the point that I create my data loads in QlikView and then import the application into Qlik Sense so I minimize my time in the Qlik Sense editor.

You have made the front end easier for the every day user.  Please look into make the data load editor easier for the developers.

Thanks.

joey_lutes
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I agree.  While insightful, for those that code very day, it's so very annoying - you can't see your code.  I'm constantly hitting 'escape' to get rid of it so I can see my lines of code.

markp201
Creator III
Creator III

Geesh - just ran up against this in 3.2 desktop.  Completely annoying.  Completely unnecessary.  Type - hit escape.  Type - hit escape.  Repeat.  Rinse.