Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luisccmm
Creator
Creator

Two dimensions with similar values

Hi,

I have 2 dimensions that in fact they do have the same values but in order to avoid  "Circular reference" both were created with different names.

What variables I have?

Product_name_production   (values from Product_1......  to  Product_n) belongs to Production table with Production_amount and Date

Product_name_sales               (values from Product_1......  to  Product_n)  belongs to Sales table with Sales_amount and Date

Date field is linked between Sales Table and Production table alongwith Mastercalendar table.

What is my problem?

The problem It comes once I want to produce a SIMPLE TABLE where to compare list of products (produc_name_production or Product_name_sale) with their production amount and sales i columns

Product_name_production            Production_amount                      Sales

Product_1                                               xxxxxx                                                    xxxxxxx

......                                                              ......                                                         ......

Product_n                                               xxxxx                                                        xxxxxx

Thanks in advanve for your help!!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Just make both tables as equal as possible and concatenate them into a single table. If you add an extra field, like:

'Production' as Source     respectively     'Sales' as Source

you may even use a single measure für each KPI type.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

Just make both tables as equal as possible and concatenate them into a single table. If you add an extra field, like:

'Production' as Source     respectively     'Sales' as Source

you may even use a single measure für each KPI type.

- Marcus

luisccmm
Creator
Creator
Author

Thank you @marcus_sommer  seems a good solution!!