Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two maps

My Qlik Sense application has two maps, both loaded from the same data set.  One of the maps, where the dimension is a simple field, has several hundred GPS data points.  It is quite successful, but hovering over a data point provides limited understanding of the event.

To get around this, I created a composite field in the Excel load table.  I've restricted its length to 150 characters, but it includes a date and several short fields.  I've used this field, "Summary" as the dimension in the second map.  This "composite" map is far more informative - but it only shows about 40 data points.

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing, please?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found a partial solution to my problem.  I'm working with a 15,700-record dataset, and only 724 of the records have a GPS tag.  This is the number I would expect to show in my maps.

So: rather that ask Qlik View to match the small GPS table to the large data table with a summary, I changed the GPS load file to include the summary field and re-loaded the data.

This seems to have done the trick; the mapping is quite spectacular and the required data can be seen, case by case, by hovering over a data point.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've found a partial solution to my problem.  I'm working with a 15,700-record dataset, and only 724 of the records have a GPS tag.  This is the number I would expect to show in my maps.

So: rather that ask Qlik View to match the small GPS table to the large data table with a summary, I changed the GPS load file to include the summary field and re-loaded the data.

This seems to have done the trick; the mapping is quite spectacular and the required data can be seen, case by case, by hovering over a data point.