cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
radmin5253
Contributor III
Contributor III

Tyring to replicate an excel slope in Qlik Sense

I am trying to replicate the attached spreadsheet in Qlik Sense using the Linest_M function which is the only function that came up with the word slope in the PDF for script and chart functions.

It is very easy to do in excel and basically what I am trying to do is group my x and y values  by groups of rolling three rows. So my first set of values would include rows 1,2, and 3, my next set of values would include rows 2,3, and 4 and so on.

I tried using the formula I found in an example online as follows Below(only({1}$(=LINEST_M(Y,X))*X),0,4) but while this gives me values they do not seem to match up with the slope calculations in the excel spreadsheet attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Replies
radmin5253
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I also tried to utilize the RangeCorrel function but was not able to get that to produce the desired results either. Is it even possible for Qlik to determine the slope of X & Y grouped in three pairs or even determine slope at all. Seems so easy in Excel and easy in Microsoft Power BI but difficult in Qlik.

I was able to get numbers back using RangeCorrel(Below(X,0,4),Below(Y,0,4)) not the correct set of numbers as it is doing a correlation when I try this same formula LinEst_M(Below(X,0,4),Below(Y,0,4)) this LinEst_M yields no data just a slash mark.

I am still trying but if anyone has any idea that I can try please let me know.

radmin5253
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am guessing by the silence from the over all community that what I have been tasked to do is not possible within Qlik Sense. Thanks for the many page views.