Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nathan_roadshow
Contributor
Contributor

URGENT How to join info on a product code?

Hi all,

I need to join two tables on a product code col to determine for example so I can see the sales vs the budget for that on a KPI.

Please see an example attached in excel documents. I am quite new to Qlik and am struggling with this question.

I'd like to develop a KPI to see how margin/invoice changes over time.

What's the best way to code this in a KPI given the data is on two tables?

I appreciate it greatly if somebody could send through their ideas! Thanks all, great community in the Qlik site.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The simplest way for such use-cases is usually to concatenate sales + budget tables (with more or less adjustments) and not to join/associate them. Reasons for this suggestion are the relation between the tables (seldom 1:1 else more 1:n or even n:n), different granularities of the data and often missing key-values on both sides. Of course everything is solvable with other approaches but mostly they need much more efforts and knowledge to get a workable datamodel.

- Marcus   

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The simplest way for such use-cases is usually to concatenate sales + budget tables (with more or less adjustments) and not to join/associate them. Reasons for this suggestion are the relation between the tables (seldom 1:1 else more 1:n or even n:n), different granularities of the data and often missing key-values on both sides. Of course everything is solvable with other approaches but mostly they need much more efforts and knowledge to get a workable datamodel.

- Marcus