Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kbd
Employee
Employee

URL-link in Qlik Sense desktop without Server

Can I use a URL-link like 'http://www.qlik.com' in Qlik Sense desktop without Server ?

Is it possible creating an extension  or use the image / text object ?

Thanks! /Karin

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Yes.  You can do this using an Text & Image object.  Type in your text and the highlight it and select the link button on the dynamic tool bar.

2014-08-07 07_47_20-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Yes.  You can do this using an Text & Image object.  Type in your text and the highlight it and select the link button on the dynamic tool bar.

2014-08-07 07_47_20-Qlik Sense Desktop.png

Alexander_Thor
Employee
Employee

Hey Karin,

Yes you can include links in the text and image object. Highlight a piece of text and the link icon is activated.

You can also use all of the supported URL such as http:, mailto: etc

link.PNG.png

kbd
Employee
Employee
Author

Many thanks

I saw this, but unfortunately it was disabled. I might have a "localhost" problem working from home.

I will look into it. Thanks again

kbd
Employee
Employee
Author

Thanks again

I forgot to highlight ...

Karin

Caique_Zaniolo
Employee
Employee

Any ways to add an expression there?

What about adding a link to a table as a column?

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Is there also a way to use this in linking to local folders? I've tried using this to procedure to provide a link to a local folder using this format of the link (file:///<directory of the folder>) but it is not working. My objective is just to create a Text hyperlink item in the sheet/dashboard, and when the users click it, they will be directed to the folder where the files are being stored.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Damien

Anonymous
Not applicable

Assuming you create the column as an object of a sheet, you can find the URL of the object from Dev Hub > Single Configurator. Then you can add that URL to the hyperlink

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I tried to do it here and it was fine

madhulatha
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

How to embed dynamic URL to text field. The text field accepts only the URL not any other text. Basically URL field should have formula expression (fx) so that i can use the dynamic URL. Please suggest in case if we have any extension

Ex: Value & 'www.google.com'

Thanks,

Madhu