Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to Create Polygon Map for Australia

Hi I am getting this error whenever I try to create the Polygon map for Australia.

I get this error - Hypercube results are too large.

I am attaching the files which I am using to create the polygon map.

I will really your help.

Thanks

Ajay

9 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

That’s the video I am using to make the Polygon chart. But I get the error - Hypercube results are too large.

I tried to look into this thread https://community.qlik.com/thread/198956 to resolve but so far no luck.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Ajay,

Looks like you are trying to create many polygons than required. What level of detail are you looking for in your visualization. If your kml file has boundaries which would not be of any help to you, its better to remove this redundant data.

Thanks,

Sangram.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

The KML files too large. You will have to get an other one.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ajay,

Fyi, the map extension IdevioMaps for QlikView and Qlik Sense has all Australian postal code boundaries built in. No need to load any KML, just reference the zip code.

More info and live demos at QlikMarket:

http://market.qlik.com/ideviomaps-for-qlik-sense.html

Thanks,

Patric Nordström, Idevio

bi.idevio.com

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram,

I tried with the attached one too but I am having the same issue. I am looking to use GeoAggrGeometry function to aggregate the boundries. I will see if this helps me.

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Patrick,

After 30 days I will have to pay for using ideviomaps for which there is no budget.

Not applicable
Author

Sangram,

In the attached file I tried to use GeoAggrGeometry function for the fields "postcode" or "suburb" or even for lat and lon but it kept giving me error "Invalid Expression" . I tried to look the definition of the function - https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Scripting/GeospatialFunctions/GeoAggrGe... and it accepts points or area as argument. Not sure why I should get Invalid Expression error.

What am I doing wrong here ? Should I be using this function only for the KML file ?

Lee_Matthews
Former Employee
Former Employee

Optimised KML files for Australian maps have been attached to this post: Re: How to find Australian Postcode KML file

Note that the standard Qlik Map object has a limit to the number of points that can be plotted. This is both a practical and a system limit.

- Practical, in that it is only possible to see a certain amount of lines on a map before the map gets too busy to read

- System in that Qlik will return the message you are seeing when there are too many points / lines to plot practically

A KML file is a bunch of points with lines drawn between them. You can simplify KML files by reducing the points plotted. This just 'rounds' out your shapes a little. The files attached to the post mentioned above have been simplified in this respect. Note that you cannot display all Australian postcode shapes at once, as there are too many points to display at the country level and that much detail is unreadable anyway. It displays fine at the state level, although even then there are still too many postcodes in metro areas to display clearly. Note that the standard map object does not yet do drill down on KML shapes (ie. from state to postcode). But I believe you may be able to achieve this with the new widget object in Sense 3.0. I will investigate and put a post on community if I find the solution.