Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to change Data Connection

I am using QlikSense on a desktop.  I would like to move my data file to another directory and would like to change the data connection path.  However, both the edit and delete icon is greyed out.  Anyone know why I can't edit the connection?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

You can't have the cake and eat it. If you want to edit the connection, you have to unlock the script. Then you can go back to the data manager and synchronize the tables, so they will be locked again in the script and available in the data manager view.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/synchroniz...

However, I would recommend that you spend some time on working with the data load editor, it provides much more flexibility.

vizmind.eu

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Is your script section locked?

vizmind.eu
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Are you really sure - Are you using Desktop?

If Yes, Can you close and reopen the software to debug.

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Hi,

Seems strange for desktop as the only reason i can think for them to be greyed out is permissions.

Can you not just add a new library and repoint the script.

Mark

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

Confirmed, if your section is locked you cannot edit the connection. Press the unlock button.

Capture.PNG

vizmind.eu
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes the auto-generated script is locked.  I only want to change the data location and not the script.

I do not want to unlock the Auto-generated script as I want that to remain auto-generated. The script cannot be locked back once it is unlocked even if I only change the data connection

Ivan_Bozov
Luminary
Luminary

You can't have the cake and eat it. If you want to edit the connection, you have to unlock the script. Then you can go back to the data manager and synchronize the tables, so they will be locked again in the script and available in the data manager view.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/LoadData/synchroniz...

However, I would recommend that you spend some time on working with the data load editor, it provides much more flexibility.

vizmind.eu