cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to get Salesforce data from Qlik sense

Hello All,

I am newbie at Qlikview solution.

I am able to connect to Salesforce and get data through Qlikview desktop, but when trying to load data from Qlik Sense Desktop I got the following error message:

Invalid custom connector SalesForceDLL.dll

Used QVConnect: D:\Users\Nabil.Labiad\AppData\Local\Temp\QVConnect\0.96.0\QvConnect64.EXE

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F26;XUserId=WLICdVVMZTcKXZBILLZSHZVOTTLGWXVNbC;XPassword=OFAdaBRNPLdIGZAGRBNCEXBGFKVUVDBPDSYEVBJLLDUGVBBHGCcEWBBORSTGL;"

Do you have any Idea about this message.

Your help is appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - Nabil - I think I found the solution.

Explanation:

Later versions of desktop introduce standard and legacy mode which is designed to switch off certain functions for security reasons/best practice reasons and to encourage the use of using the LIB connection structure which is default - it prohibits custom connect  - so explains what we were experiencing.

Fix:

OK try this:

• go to : C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\
  • edit settings.ini
  • change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0
  • Save
  • Restart Qlik Sense Desktop
  • Go to Data Load Editor - and load data

This worked for me - see screenshot below.

Make sure you use the custom connect statement that you know works in QlikView - for example mine looks like this:

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F21;XUserId=OMNCZSBPQTcKWZNOPTcAUZZMsasaVY;XPassword=aeNKTIRNJbaGVSZNTLZCTZcKZBZQVCdKXBNSUBJLPTWSEcVMweercRNRbUSN;";

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Hello Salesforce1 - please take a look at this discussion thread and let us know if this helps you:

How to connect to Salesforce from Qlik Sense?

This is most likely the step you need:

Then copy the SalesForceDLL.dll from C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\QlikTech\Custom Data into C:\ProgramFiles\Common Files\Qlik\Custom Data

Please mark the appropriate replies as helpful / correct so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Hello Michael,

I have already done the actions mentionned in the discussion thread you suggest but still get the same message.

Please find in attachment screenshots of the structure of the folders from where and to which I make a copy of the Salesforce DLL.

Thanks.

Nabil

Not applicable
Author

DLL Salesforce Copy.pngQLik Sense Error.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

I am experiencing a different error, possibly because I have a later build of Qlik Sense Desktop. It appears there have been some improvements and/or changes in preparation for the coming release -  the approach I sent you DOES NOT work for me either.

I have also noticed the connector available under my custom connectors, under Data Connections after moving the .dll file and restarting Sense Desktop.

I will verify this behavior.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

I think I have the same message when selecting Salesforce.dll from Custom connectors list box(qlikview 11 connector The connect dialog of this connector...)

Nabil

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

OK - Nabil - I think I found the solution.

Explanation:

Later versions of desktop introduce standard and legacy mode which is designed to switch off certain functions for security reasons/best practice reasons and to encourage the use of using the LIB connection structure which is default - it prohibits custom connect  - so explains what we were experiencing.

Fix:

OK try this:

• go to : C:\Users\<user profile>\Documents\Qlik\Sense\
  • edit settings.ini
  • change StandardReload=1 to StandardReload=0
  • Save
  • Restart Qlik Sense Desktop
  • Go to Data Load Editor - and load data

This worked for me - see screenshot below.

Make sure you use the custom connect statement that you know works in QlikView - for example mine looks like this:

CUSTOM CONNECT TO "Provider=SalesForceDLL.dll;F21;XUserId=OMNCZSBPQTcKWZNOPTcAUZZMsasaVY;XPassword=aeNKTIRNJbaGVSZNTLZCTZcKZBZQVCdKXBNSUBJLPTWSEcVMweercRNRbUSN;";

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable
Author

Mike, that works for me too, now I can extract my salesforce data successfully.

Many thanks for you.Workks Fine QLik Sense.PNG.png

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

Awesome!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

Any word on when the SalesForce Connector for Sense will be fully functional  (without the need to copy a conncet string from qlikview )  ?