cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sadishshanmugam
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to import .qvf file downloaded from QCC

Hi Everyone, I am new to Qlik and I am learning through Qlik Continuous Classroom courses.  In the Qliksense Module, under the " Simple Linear Regression Analysis"  Course, accessing "Example Files" contain "Regression Analysis Module - Example.zip" file. I guess that Zip file contains the sample dataset for the course. After downloading and extracting the file, there is a .qvf file is available. I tried opening the file using Qliksense Desktop and with Qlik Cloud server. But to my disappointment both are not opening the .qvf file. Kindly suggest or advise me with the methods to open this .qvf file.

With Thanks

Sadishkumar Shanmugam

P.S. I had copied the .qvf file and pasted it in the "C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Qlik\Sense\Apps"  and it worked.  Is this the way to open the file or any other methods available?? 

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Yes, that's one correct way to open an app When adding it to the C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Qlik\Sense\App folder it will be available in your desktop "hub".
You can not double click on a QVF file to open it in your Qlik Sense desktop.

Another correct way is to drag and drop your qvf file into your "hub" when Qlik Sense I running. Please note that by drag and drop the file will not be moved into C:\Users\XXXX\Documents\Qlik\Sense\App nor will it be available in the hub for future use, the next time you will need to drag and drop it again.

Vegar
MVP
MVP

RightQlik is an alternative to using drag-n-drop or copying to the app-folder as I suggested earlier. It is a third party software developed by @mike_garcia  and it will allow you to right click on a qvf and choose to open it in Qlik Sense. 

Check out this page: RightQlik 2.0 - A context menu for common operations in QVF files