Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unable to install Qlik Sense Desktop on Win 10 pro 64-bit

I tried installing the latest Qlik Sense Desktop (I think 3.2) today. Failed. I uninstalled the older version (2.1.2 I think) and then tried reinstalling. Failed again.

I'm attaching the error log.

Thanks in advance

Rahul

13 Replies
martinpohl
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Version 3.2 isn't the latest version.

Release November 2017 is.

Qlik Sense Desktop is only 6 month after newer versions useable, after you have to update.

Look for a newer version.

Regards

OmarBenSalem

the latest version of qlik sense; is qlik sense november 2017.

the 3.2 version is from april 2016 I think

OmarBenSalem

u can download the latest version from qlik.com:

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Folks, it is QSD Nov 2017. I downloaded from the site yesterday. You can see the version from the name of the log file.

Rahul

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, it is QS Nov 2017. See the log file I attached. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry, it is QS Nov 2017. See the log file I attached. Thanks.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I'm getting the same errors now.

The only version of Sense Desktop that I can install is 3.2. Neither September nor November releases can be installed from scratch nor update the 3.2 version.

Everything worked fine until recent Windows updates and I also installed November Sense Enterprise on the same Windows 10 machine.

I tried with Windows Firewall on and with Windows Firewall off ... neither had an impact.

Ricardo_Gerhard
Employee
Employee

Dear Rahul and Dalton,

Try to remove all product, deleting old folders. (Programdata/programfiles...etc)

Update your .Net Framework from Microsoft fro version 4.5, then try to install QS Nov again.

Ricardo Gerhard
OEM Solution Architect
LATAM
Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

I've got .Net 4.5 and 4.6 installed already

I've got Sense Enterprise running on the machine as well so I don't want to just throw all Program Files and Program Data away as that is where it is kept as well.

If there are specifics on what to remove JUST for Sense Desktop I could remove those things.