Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unable to log-on to QlikSense Server with Mac

Hello,

Recently we have set-up QlikSense Enterprise Server - with Active Directory for authentication, and are able run this just fine on windows computers.

However within our organization we also have a significant number of users on Mac, and when we tried to log-on to the server we are unable to log-on and receive following error:

The following user is not authenticated

We have tried different user accounts (which are working on windows) but without result.

Hoping there is an easy solution, something we are missing.

Thank you in advance,

regards

Mark

13 Replies
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Mark,

If your concern users has access or authorized so I believe you are missing domain name while entering the credentials as, MAC follows form based authentication, so you may add your user id as DomainName\user id then credentials.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

adam_tall
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

I have same problem, works perfectly fine with Windows computers. But not with mac.

All users are locally on the server and when we are trying to logon with the Form it says :

The following user is not authenticated

and if we login with windows authentication on Mac it promt us to put in user and pw, and then the browser is all white and goes no further.  We tried 3 diffrent browsers and still same result.

We have tried with      ./   and domain name on the form.

tried to change the security rules on the server, nothing works.

The QlikSense Server is version 3.2

Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Adam,

We actually had to raise a ticket with qlik support. In the end we got it working after we upgraded to the most recent release. I think this bug was only recently fixed - after which it runs perfectly on MACs (even no need for forms authentication)

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Adam,

Please use backslash \ , domain\userid , it will work.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Rohit Kumar

Not applicable
Author

3.2 SR4

adam_tall
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

oh sorry  I meant to type  .\

And it dont work

rohitk1609
Master
Master

Hi Adam,

Please install Qlik June 2017, its latest release. Second if you can login with windows but not MAC even if you are using domain name, its strange. Try one things, go to QMC= Virtual Proxies => select central => windows authentication pattern => remove windows and write "FORMS" and the try with MAC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am currently having the same issues. Using Qlik Sense 2017.

Has anyone discovered a solution?

When trying to connect on Mac I receive error - DNS_PROBE_FINSIHED_NXDomain. I am on the same network as the Qlik Sense Server. When using Remote Desktop from the Mac to any Windows Computer. I am able to connect.

Greg_Williams
Employee
Employee

Have you checked certificate use on MAC devices?

Using HTTP or HTTPS?

I"m presuming you reviewed:

Supported browsers ‒ Qlik Sense

-gw