Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cathalc
Contributor III
Contributor III

Unexpected ',' token error when making mastercalendar

Hi all,

I'm pretty new to qlik Sense so i'm having difficulties with what is probably an easy one.

I'm getting an error that while loading an unexpected ',' token was found. and I don't see what the problem is.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

qlikquestion.png

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think the cause is that your date isn't a date else a timestamp which leads to a float-number within the variables and your default decimal-delimiter seems to be a comma which is then by calling the variable treated as a parameter-delimiter which leads to a syntax-error.

In regard to your master-calendar creation you could bypass it by formatting/converting the variables, for example with: num() or floor() but better would be to split your timestamp (maybe in additionally fields to your origin field) into a date- and a time-field. This could be easily done within the preceeding part of your sql like:

load
   date(floor(CreatedDate)) as Date,
   time(frac(CreatedDate)) as Time;
SQL ...

and then using these fields for the master calendar/timetable.

- Marcus

Marcos_rv
Creator II
Creator II

ry to use the floor () statement
It is for you to have whole numbers.

tempCalendar:
Load
floor (min (CreateDate) as Mindate,
floor (max (CreateDate) as Maxdate
resident temp;

This is because you may have problems being a number with decimals, floor () causes a number, for example, 10.5 with the floor (), floor (10.5) = 10.

Try to use it whenever you have to put together a master calendar, nobody uses the hours in the calendars.

Regards!!!!

Cathalc
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you very much for the replies guys!

It works fine now 🙂