Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Unknow error when starting Qlik Sense Desktop 3.02

Hi,

I am new to Qlik and wanted to see what Qlik Sense is.

I have downloaded the newest installation file and installed Qlik Sense Desktop.

When starting the program I get an error message - unknow error.

What should I do ?

I have deinstalled, remove folders, deleted entries with RegEdit and restarted.

After reinstalling, no change.

I have local admin rights. The laptop is running on windows 7 Enterprise

Not a good start, but I hope someone can help me ?

Best regards

Sven

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Yes, as far as I know.

I had the version 2 installed without problems before. Then in the start of August I downloaded the version 3, because I was recommended to do it, than the problems began. I deinstalled it, and today reinstalled it like describe before.

Sven

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

may try by restarting your system again after installation?

Not applicable
Author

Done that, but will gladly do it again

gdebeer
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi

Something that has tripped me up with the new version is that it requires internet access to start up. Not sure why, but if you do not have internet access, you get an error.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have Internet access but some of the ports may be blocked, since the trafic goes through the company server ?

Do you know what the requirements are ?

Best regards

Sven

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sven,

Which Operating system do you have , if it is windows 7 , then go to its setup.exe properties and select window 7 as compatibility mode and install it. It will work.

Same, while opening it from desktop shortcut, Please right click on it then go to compatibility option and choose your operating system and apply it, It will works fine

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

It is windows 7 and setting the compatibility mode to windows 7 on the setup.exe file doesn´t help.

What is now interessting is that when doing this and running the setup I get the error,

Microsoft .NET Framework must be installed when installing Qlik Sense Desktop.

but looking into the list of installed programs on the computer, Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6 is installed.

I have tried to repair it, but this doesn´t help. Qlik Setup still comes with this errormessage when in compabitlity mode.

When removing the compatibility mode, setup runs just fine but then I get the unknow error.

So at this moment it is either a choice of have Qlik Sense Desktop and not being able to start it because of an unknown error or not being able to install it due to that setup requires .Net be installed even if it is installed.

Hope someone has a good idea, since this is not good for a possible new customer to experience!

Sven

Not applicable
Author

Hi Seven ,

I am mentioning few steps below, Try to follow it please:

1. Qlik Sense Desktop only works on 64 bit machine ,Please be sure which machine do you have.

2. Lets say you have .net frame work in machine , Please uninstall it and download the latest version and then install Qlik Sense Desktop.

3. Network connectivity is must with Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0.1, Please connect your system to network or internet as when Qlik Sense Desktop 3.0.1 starts it gives first hit to network via browser. for this you can set up a loop back adapter in your machine , which is a virtual network for your machine.

4. Please go into the Qlik installation folder and setting QlikSense.exe to compatibility mode for Windows 7 (I am running 10) and run as administrator.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Best,

Rohit Kumar