Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Update database table Via data load editor

Hi All,

I'd like to know if it's possible to update a table on my database (Oracle) via qlik script (Data load editor)?

The scenario is like this:

1. Reading a value from a table - check if it's true/false.

2. if it's true then make some actions (like cleaning a qvd file from data) and update the value again to false.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Eli.

Labels (3)
4 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

You can find a (I hope) some idea for postgres and oracle dbms in

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Sense-Enterprise-Documents/Store-a-QlikSense-table-directly-into-...

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Eli, it is possible.
You can run any - or almost any - SQL Query from the Load Script.
So you can run commands like INSERT/DELETE/UPDATE commands as any other SELECT commands.
You can find some examples in this topic:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Development/QlikView-sql-insert-query-to-SQL-Server/td-p/...
Get hooked on Qlik at qlikbait.net
EliGohar
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Thanks Mark_costa.

I'm using an ODBC connector to Oracle DB, when trying to run an INSERT command from Qlik Sense Script I get this error:

The following error occurred:
Connector reply error: SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 1456, ErrorMsg: [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]ORA-01456: may not perform insert/delete/update operation inside a READ ONLY transaction

When I'm trying to make the same INSERT command from Oracle SQL developer with the same user it succeeded.

What can be the reason?

marksouzacosta
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you don't specify an user in your ODBC connection, for instance using trusted/integrated security, the ODBC uses the Qlik Sense Service Account user to run the SQL commands, so you have to make sure that you are using the same users. If possible take a look on the Oracle logs to see which user is hitting your database from Qlik Sense.
Get hooked on Qlik at qlikbait.net