Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III

Upgrade Issue

Dear,

I have found unable to upgrade qliksense, kindly guide.

also attached log file.

Regards,

Zain.

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try uninstalling the old version first and then install the new version.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

As Gysbert .

Try to uninstall all Qliksense folder and setup and download latest and install again

zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

unable to install old version from control panel, any method to delete manually Qliksense files, folders and registry.

Regards,

Zain.

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

May be here

C:\Users\Chanty\Documents\Qlik\Sense

zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i deleted as you mention but same unable to install sense, kindly let me out from this problem.

Regards,

Zain

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

what error your getting  can you post the same here where you facing the issue.

zain16nib
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Presentation1.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

This seems to the pertinent bit from your log

[18BC:1B54][2017-02-13T09:56:28]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.

[18BC:1B54][2017-02-13T09:56:28]e000: Error 0x80070643: Failed to configure per-user MSI package.

The first thing I would check is that user doing the install has full local admin rights and make sure you do the install using Run As Administrator.

Next I would check that you have .net installed properly and it is the correct version.

After that if you have a support contract with Qlik seek their advice.  If not then search the web for Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI package.

I would advise caution though as whilst trying to fix it using suggestions from the web you may break something else.