Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgrade Qliksense

I am using Qliksense Enterprise. How do I upgrade from 2.0.6  to 2.2?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In general it is as simple as running the installer. It's ideal to have all services except the Repository Database down so that things aren't being done during the install process (e.g. reloads or users access apps).

It is always good practice to get into the habit of having a VM snapshot or backup of the site (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...) prior to running an upgrade. On the support side, we've had customers encounter issues with upgrades from time to time and those who have proper backups make things easier on us.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can download it in web www.qlik.com

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

In general it is as simple as running the installer. It's ideal to have all services except the Repository Database down so that things aren't being done during the install process (e.g. reloads or users access apps).

It is always good practice to get into the habit of having a VM snapshot or backup of the site (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/2.2/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Server/Server-...) prior to running an upgrade. On the support side, we've had customers encounter issues with upgrades from time to time and those who have proper backups make things easier on us.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks.

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Levi,

We installed Qlik Sense update 2.2 and it worked successfully. Clean installation and all apps were migrated successfully as well.

The apps are working, however, the connection to SAP is not working. Getting error message below.

RfcPing failed. Key = RFC_INVALID_HANDLE (An invalid handle was passed to the API call)

We checked the SAP connector, and it is working. Changed the connection string, but still did not connect. Have you seen a similar case? I saw some similar posts with the same error, not nobody has answered correctly yet.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

LD

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I recommend that you open up a support ticket with us (using the portal ideally but also support@qlik.com if you do not have portal access). This isn't something that I am familiar with and will likely require more in-depth troubleshooting.

luizcdepaula
Creator III
Creator III

Will do that and update when the problem is resolved.

Thanks

LD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Running the existing setup file gives me the option to modify. To upgrade, we need to download the setup file again and then run it? If so, do we need to uninstall the existing one first?

sunindia

kevincase
Creator II
Creator II

Chandni,

You need to download the installer for 2.2.  Every release has a new installer.