Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitk1609
Master
Master

Upper Limit of Qlik Sense Script Log file size?

Hi Techies,

Is there any upper limit  of Qlik Sense Script Log file size? I have a huge app which is started failing since last few days with error message in below snapshot?

The log file is limited to this size. Nothing more will be logged after this.

Labels (1)
11 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

I would suggest you raise a support ticket for this.

Tagging Qlik Support expert @Bastien_Laugiero who can help you more on this.

Mean while for more info you can check below link.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Support-Updates-Blog/Qlik-Sense-Centralize-Logging-Running-out-of...

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

This isn't an analysis based on any insight other than having an out of control loop in a previous copy of one of my apps. That being said:

• File size of the log: 1,073,756,095 bytes (just over 1GB)
  • Number of characters: 1,073,457,432
  • Number of lines: 149,330

PowerShell script to measure these elements:

$file = "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Log\Script\22a06ff5-34ec-4014-8c09-022d5adc3415.20200324T183456.573-0400.178C499136E64BC5DA32 - Copy.log"

# Get File Size
Get-ChildItem -file $file | select length

# Get Number of Lines
Get-Content $file | Measure-Object –Character

# Get Number of Lines
Get-Content $file | Measure-Object –Line

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Thanks Levi for your words.
So 1 GB is not the upper limit of script log file?

Thanks,

Rohit

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

It appears that this is the case.

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Did you check the error message in attached snapshot. Shall I lock a support ticket ?Log file error.PNG

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am not sure what you're asking for. I saw the message and have the same behavior on my end in a script with a recursive loop which never ends. It isn't so much as an error, it is a report that there's a limit.

I am not too terribly sure what the Support ticket would be about. That the limit shouldn't exist? That you would like the limit to be higher? What exactly the limit is?

rohitk1609
Master
Master
Author

Levi,

My question is, what if my app generates the script log which has size of 1 GB? My app is failing with the message "The log file is limited to this size. Nothing more will be logged after this.", can I increase the size limit from 1 GB to 2 GB, is it something we can do in Qlik or its a window feature?

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

I am unaware of a method for increasing this limit. I would doubt one exists, personally. But I would create a support ticket for Qlik Support to provide a more formal answer.

Cheers.

shaun_lombard
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Rohit,

Did you ever get a solution to this issue? We also have a few apps that perform loops and reach the upper limit of the log files.

Shaun