Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mariamovasheli
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use Measure as Dimension

Hello,

I need to use measure as dimension. I have formulas like this to group administrative costs and other costs and I want to see them as a bubble in a scatter plot. Is it possible?

Sum({<AccountTypeName = {'Expense'},Division = {'Hydro Division'},SubDivision ={'Hydro Administration'},

Date = {"=SetDateYear(Only({1} Date), Year(Today())) <= SetDateYear(Max({1} TOTAL Date), Year(Today()))"},

Year, MonthName>} Amount)

Sum({<AccountTypeName = {'Expense'},Division = {'Hydro Division'},SubDivision =- {'Hydro Administration'},

Date = {"=SetDateYear(Only({1} Date), Year(Today())) <= SetDateYear(Max({1} TOTAL Date), Year(Today()))"},

Sum({<AccountTypeName = {'Expense'},Division = {'Hydro Division'},MainCategory = {'Selling and Distribution Costs'},

)

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

you have to use a calculated dimension + aggr()

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

use instead of sum 

only({<your set expression>}dim)

mariamovasheli
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thank you for your Reply.  I want to create dimensions content, like for Administrative  expense - Administration for operating, operating and so on. but Problem is this content of my dimensions will have intersect 😕 I want 3 different measure to have names that I gave to then and to have as dimension on scatter plot. is there any possibilities to transform this measures as  one dimension?

mariamovasheli
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am writing something like this but it is not working 😕 whats calculation dimension + aggr()  means?

=IF(AccountTypeID=1 And DivisionID= 6 AND  SubDivision <> 16, 'Operting Expense',

IF(AccountTypeID=1 And DivisionID= 6 AND  SubDivision = 16, 'Administrative expesne',

If(AccountTypeID=1 And DivisionID= 6 AND  SubDivision <> 16 AND  MainCategoryID = 96 ,'Selling and distribution cost')))

Samanehsorournejad

Hi,

I think you should use aggr() in order to convert Measure to Dim.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Convert-Measure-to-Dimension/td-p/1732956