Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeHaoNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Use String as Field in Diagram Function

Hi all,

i want to make a diagram to show the working stock of each process point.

So i got two tables.

One with all Timestamps from CheckIn to CheckOut with the following Columns:

Projectnumber, Documentbarcode, CheckInDate, PreparationDate, ClassificationDate, CheckOutDate

if a Datefield isnt filled it didnt went through this processstep yet and is NULL.

And one Table with the Process Order with following Columns:

Projectnumber, Processnumber, Processname

Because every Project can have different Process Orders we need the 2nd Table to see the right order.

My Goal is now if the user filter on a Projectnumber to show how many Documentbarcodes are already gone through processnumber 1 but not 2,3... and how many are gone through processnumber 2 but not 3,4... and so on.

My Idea was to create a new Field in the 2nd Table: tmp_field.  The Fieldvalue of this field contains the name of the Column it need to go to. So if  Processname of the Row is Checkin in the new Field would be CheckInDate. Now i want to parse the string i get somehow

=Only({$<Processnumber={1}>}tmp_field)

or

=FieldValue('tmpfield','1')

both return CheckInDate. But i need the List of Values from the first Table. is there a way to return all Entries of the Column CheckInDate from the first Table somehow?

Labels (1)
12 Replies
LeHaoNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gmenoutis,

i see what your plan is and i like your solution unfortunately it isn't working.  The first two tables generate a list with all next processsteps for each document now the last join causes the mistake i think because after the last join all nextprocessstep values are NULL. I tried Where Len(NextProcessstep)>0 at the last join but then i get kinda wrong values in nextprocessstep any idea?

gmenoutis
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

As you can see in the attached, it works correctly for me.

The reason it could fail is if the tables you posted do not have the same structure in the data model as in your post. Could you please either provide a .qvf or post the table names which include all of the columns you show us in this post?

LeHaoNguyen
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ah it works now. I got  a little mistake on my fieldnames thats why it wasnt working. Nut now its working fine thank you very much for your help 🙂