cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a (external) conversion table in a measure

Hey!

I would like to use a conversion table instead of using an if formula (due to a too large number of values that would make the if formula to complex).

Say that I calculate a weighted average on input from three different dimensions (A, B & C). Then I would like to convert that value based on data in a table with spans (from for example a google sheet), and present the value.

So basically if the output is (A*3+B*2+C*5)/10 I would like to compare that output with a conversion table and instead present the figure from a span in the conversion table. For example if the output is 1-5 present 22, if it's 5-10 present 48 and so on. The conversion table could be either somewhere in the code (?) or in a google sheet.

Help please? 😃

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I couldn't understand the question, can you rephrase the question.
Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Gysbert_Wassenaar

I think what you're looking for is the intervalmatch function. See this blog post: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/IntervalMatch/ba-p/1464547

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

So, it's two questions:

1. I want to use an external conversion table instead of an if expression. If a measure has a certain value, I want to compare it to a conversion table and pick up the corresponding value.

2. In the conversion table I want to be able to say that if the value I have is within a span (for example between 1 and 5) I want to pick up this specific value.

Was that more clear? 😃