Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FabQlik
Contributor
Contributor

Use variable as measure in set analysis

Hello all, 

I've started with QLik sense a few months ago, today I'm stuck with a variable "issue".

I've read a lot of posts and suggestions but nothing help.

I have a variable called v_FTtotalcost, this variable is the sum of a dozen of other variables and is set as : 

$(=v_1) + $(=v_2)+$(=v_3)+$(=v_4)+.... all are measures

(I've tried to build the v_FTtotalcost with Rangesum as well, but does help to solve my issue)

Want I want to achieve is to use v_FTtotalcost as measure in a set analysis to put a condition on the date .

I've tried many things as :

SUM({<[Action_Date.autoCalendar.Year]={'2019'}>}, $(v_FTtotalcost)) --> no results (-)

SUM({<[Action_Date.autoCalendar.Year]={'2019'}>}, $(=v_FTtotalcost)) --> no results (-)

SUM({<[Action_Date.autoCalendar.Year]={'2019'}>}, $($(=v_FTtotalcost)) --> no results (-)

note that SUM($(=v_FTtotalcost)) gives a result (for all years of course..)

Thank you for your help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@FabQlik wrote:

How each variable calculates? If, It has Sum(Measure). It never replies with Sum({<>} Sum(Measure)) 

To achieve, you need to define with Aggr() like Sum({<>} Aggr($(Variable), Dim1, Dim2))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

@FabQlik wrote:

How each variable calculates? If, It has Sum(Measure). It never replies with Sum({<>} Sum(Measure)) 

To achieve, you need to define with Aggr() like Sum({<>} Aggr($(Variable), Dim1, Dim2))

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
FabQlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your answer  

Indeed other variables are SUM, not familiar with Aggr function, I don't need any dim, what should I use as dim ? 

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Can you tell us, What this variable? v_FTtotalcost

Make sure, Please write full expression at least 2 measures like Sum(V1)+Sum(V2) ...

FabQlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

v_FTTotal is defined as :

$(=v_Cost_Sales_Services) + $(=v_Cost_Sales_Hardware) + $(=v_Cost_NP_Services) + $(=v_Cost_NP_Hardware) + $(=v_SAC_NP_Services_Noweb) + $(=v_SAC_NP_Hardware_Noweb) + $(=v_SAC_NP_Hardware_Webonly) + $(=v_SAC_ServicesNoWeb) + $(=v_SAC_HardwareNoWeb) + $(=v_SAC_HardwareWebonly)

Here is the definition of some v_Cost_xxxx  and v_SAC_xxx  variables (quite 'complex variables, with already some other variables included)

v_Cost_Sales_Hardware= 

((SUM({$< TM_PA_IND-={'Service'}, CONTR_STATUS_FAMILY= {'deactivation'},OPEN_AMT={">0"} >}OPEN_AMT))-(SUM({$< TM_PA_IND-={'Service'}, CONTR_STATUS_FAMILY= {'deactivation'} >}CONTR_UNIQUE_CNT)*
(if(Action_Year='2018','190',if(Action_Year='2019','180')))))

v_SAC_ServicesNoWeb=

SUM({$< SA_MACRO_SEGMENT-={'TELE RES','WEBCHANNEL'}, TM_PA_IND={'Service'}, CONTR_STATUS_FAMILY= {'deactivation'} >}CONTR_UNIQUE_CNT)
* $(v_SAC)
* (1-$(v_Cback%ServiceNoWeb))

v_Cost_NP_Hardware=

(Sum({$<TM_PA_IND-={'Service'}, CUSTOMER_BEHAVIOR_FLAG= {'NP deactivation'}>}NP_OPEN_AMT)
-
(Sum({$<TM_PA_IND-={'Service'},CUSTOMER_BEHAVIOR_FLAG= {'NP deactivation'}>}CONTR_UNIQUE_CNT)
(if(Action_Year='2018','190',if(Action_Year='2019','180'))))
)

FabQlik
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I 've succeeded to make it work thanks to your proposal : Sum({<>} Aggr($(Variable), Dim1, Dim2))

I put the Year as Dim , and I'm able to create a YTD condition in set analysis.

Solution : 

Sum({< [ACTION_YYYYMM.autoCalendar.Year]= {"$(=max(Action_Year))"}>}aggr($(v_FTTotal) , [Action_Date.autoCalendar.Year] ))

gives the v_FTtotal for max action year 

Many Thx