Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scarr1980
Contributor II
Contributor II

User Input Comment with Qlik Sense?

Hello,

Is it possible for users to write to the DB via a Qlik Sense input box / comment box?

We are looking to build out what would basically be a KPI dashboard with a 'traffic light' system to highlight low perfoming sectors. The manager of that sector would have the ability to put in a comment as to actions being taken to remedy the performance issues.

Is this possible with Qlik Sense?

I have done some searching but have not found anything beyond the ability to use Variables which doesnt seem to meet my need.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
nlagas
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what I need to do but your instructions are (to me) somewhat incomplete. Can you please detail more? Thank you

View solution in original post

4 Replies
beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi  Scarr,

unfortunately is that in Qlik Sense not possible, i know you mean the Function: Inputfield () , this funtcion is only available in Qlik View. 

In Qlik Sense: you can try to solve it with any Extension (look at : Qlik Branch) or try to define any commentsfield in script, so that the user is able to select any comments in depence of any Situation, or you can build the comment that arises within your table in depence of your value.

i hope that helps you

Beck

lanlizgu
Creator III
Creator III

What you can do in QlikSense is the following

1. Create in the script a variable that would get the comment inserted in variable input
    1. set comment=GetFieldSelections([insert comment]);
  2. Add another variable input box with the following value =$(comment) so it could save the inserted comment. This button needs to be pressed
  3. Add a partial reload button to start a partial reload and save the data of the previous variable as you want (qvd, etc...). This button needs to be pressed.

Thank you.

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Lanligu,

do you have an example to this issue?

nlagas
Contributor
Contributor

This is exactly what I need to do but your instructions are (to me) somewhat incomplete. Can you please detail more? Thank you